Merry Christmas to all! And to all a Safety Update

Posted on: December 14th, 2017
by Dr. Shouse


We pray you all are having a wonderful holiday season! Enjoy your time with family and Christmas celebrations.  Have safe travel, too. Enjoy your decor and traditions, but be safe!


Whether it is your home or someone else’s, it is good to be aware of safety when we enjoy our twinkly lights, candles, trees, and other decorations that are usually part of the holiday celebrations.


Trees, whether live or artificial, are an added fire danger.  Fresh trees must be kept watered or the needles will become dry and a fire hazard.  Artificial trees should be labeled “Fire Resistant”. Trees and their trimmings should be kept away from fireplaces and heaters.


All lights, indoors or outdoors, are another fire danger. They should be turned off or unplugged whenever you are away or asleep.





Candles are always beautiful and always a fire hazard.  As with electric lights they should be used cautiously, and always protected by adult supervision. Extinguish candles whenever you leave the room. Not only are they attractive to curious children and pets, candles may sputter and spark a fire when you are not there.


Dangerous Decor:  Small objects, including decorations, ribbons, plastic wraps, and toys, are choking and suffocation hazards. Chewing on trimmings and or toys is also a hazard for lead poisoning.  Always watch out for electrical wires and sockets, and be aware that ingested small batteries can be dangerous and deadly.



By observing proper safety precautions, we can do our best to ensure these beautiful decorations only bring joy to the season. No matter the holidays you celebrate with your loved ones, we hope for happiness and peace to you all.


Leave a Reply